San Simon Da Costa Cheese, D.O.P., 600g
San Simon da Costa D.O.P. Cheese is pasteurised cow’s milk from the region of Galicia. This area is well known for their cheeses. Especially this one, as is traditionally smoked over birch wood chips, where it gets its smoky flavour and nutty aftertaste before ripening further for 1-2 months. Its interior paste is semi-firm and its texture is creamy and smooth. It works well for melting, as a table cheese, and on salads.
- San Simon Da Costa Cheese, D.O.P.
- Smoky flavour, nutty aftertaste, creamy and smooth texture
- Cured for 2 months, Lugo, Galicia
- 600g, cone-shaped, vacuum packed
- Pasteurized cow MILK, salt, lactic cultures, rennet, salt, acidity regulator: calcium chloride and conservatives (EGG lysozyme). Conservatives in covering bark (E-235, E-202 and E-282). No edible rind.
- LACTOSE, EGG
- Curing Time
- 2 months
- Gluten Free
- Storage & Care
- Keep refrigerated below 7°C. Open the pack and keep it room temperature for at least 30 minutes before eating.
- Storage Type