Empanada is the Spanish version of a delicate pie which wonderfully combines finely chopped vegetables, tuna and hard-boiled eggs.
- Defrost the puff pastry according to the instruction on the packet. Leave at room temperature while preparing the filling.
- Dice all the vegetables (onions, peppers and zucchini). Put them in a pan with two teaspoons of olive oil and fry gently.
- Once fried, add the tomato sauce and stir for a few minutes.
- Remove the vegetables with tomato sauce from heat and put in a bowl to cool.
- Add the 4 cans of tuna and two finely sliced boiled eggs to the bowl. Mix everything together and season with salt. The filling is ready!!
- Pre-heat the oven at 150-170ºC)
- Take one of the sheets of puff pastry and lay it on a tray suitable for oven.
- Take the mixture prepared in steps 2-5 and spread it evenly over the puff pastry.
- Cover this with the second sheet of puff pastry.
- Brush the top of the pie with the beaten egg yolk.
- Place the pie in the preheated oven and bake at 170 º for 20-25 minutes.
- When the pie crust is golden in colour, remove from the oven.
- Let it cool and your EMPANADA is ready to eat!!
Ingredients & Quantities:
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
200 grams of tuna in olive oil (4 small cans)
2 boiled eggs
1 egg yolk (beaten)
2 sheets of puff pastry (frozen)
200 grams of natural tomato sauce
2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil