Traditional “Torrijas” recipe from Sevilla, with their unique flavor and texture from the south of Spain. Typically served during the Holy Week in Seville.
- Put the honey in a saucepan, add a cup of water and a handful of cloves and heat until the mix is diluted.
- In the meantime, grab a bowl and mix the wine with a cup of water.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- After that, dip the slices of bread in the wine and water until they are well soaked but the bread remains firm.
- Then take the slices and coat both sides with the beaten egg.
- Put some extra virgin olive oil in a pan at medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, fry the bread slices on both sides and drain them from the excess oil.
- Finally, place the Torrijas on a plate and covered them with the desired amount of honey, water and cloves mixture we made right at the start.
Ingredients & Quantities:
600g of bread
4 large eggs
a handful of cloves
½ liter of white wine
½ kg of honey