A traditional tapas dish of Madrid, Spain - potato cubes fried with olive oil and flavoured with a special sauce made of onion, tomato, garlic, Spanish paprika, flour and vinegar.
1. Peel and chop the potatoes into small chunks. For the sauce, finely chop your onions, tomatoes and garlic.
2. Heat most of the olive oil and fry the potatoes for 10 minutes on the olive oil and some salt, make sure they are neither raw nor over-cooked.
3. Put them on a plate which has some kitchen paper so that the potatoes will be drained of oil.
4. Heat a pan and cook your sauce materials with some olive for 5 minutes
5. Add paprika, water, flour and vinegar to the sauce and cook them for few minutes more.
6. Put the fried potatoes on a plate and add the sauce onto it. Enjoy with a drink.
Ingredients & Quantities:
4 middle size potatoes
5 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
150 grams onion
150 grams tomato
1 garlic clove
1 tea spoon sweet or hot Spanish paprika
1 tbsp flour
A tbsp of water
1 teaspoon of vinegar