Originally from Albacete, this yummy fried Manchego cheese is served as a Tapa in almost every bar in the city. Ideal as a starter or to share, add raspberry jam for extra flavour!
- Cut the cheese into the desired shape, around 2 to 3 inches square dice are a good option.
- Pour olive oil into the pan and heat it up.
- While the oil is heating, coat the cheese dicewith flour, on all sides, if necessary, remove any excess by shaking it off.
- When the oil begins to smoke, add the cheese and fry until golden brown.
- Put the fried cheese on a dish covered with paper towels for them to absorb any excess oil.
- Prepare a plate with raspberry syrup spread over it.
- Place the fried cheese dice on top of the dish.
Ingredients & quantities:
300 grams Cured Manchego Cheese
5 tbsp Olive Oil
Flour (for battering)
1 tbsp Spanish extra virgin olive oil
80 grams raspberry jam