5 minutes 30 minutes 4
Another version of the traditional Spanish omelette, with chorizo and Manchego cheese. Serve as a dish or as a ‘Tapa’.
- Thinly slice the chorizo, Spanish onions and potatoes. Heat 20 ml of extra virgin olive oil in a pan just over medium heat, then add the chorizo slices and fry them for a short time until they get lightly browned.
- Remove the chorizo slices from the pan and set aside. Heat some more olive oil in the same pan and cook the onion and potatoes for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook by checking occasionally until the vegetables are softened.
- Whisk eggs with the Manchego Cheese in a bowl and season it well with salt and freshly grounded black pepper.
- Stir cooked the chorizo into the eggs and add the onions and potatoes, mix everything carefully.
- Wipe the pan and heat a bit of extra virgin olive oil. Pour in the mixture and cook at a low heat. Once that side is done, turn it over or place it under a hot grill to finish the top.
Ingredients & Quantities:
40 ml extra virgin olive oil
100 gr cured chorizo
1 small Spanish onion
300 gr potatoes
50 grams Manchego Cheese
Salt and freshly grounded black pepper