15 minutes 55 minutes 4
A traditional Spanish chickpeas and chorizo meal. It can be served as a meal or as a tapa.
- Firstly, be advised to soak chickpeas in cold water overnight. When you are getting ready to cook, slice the chorizos and chop the parsley.
- Drain the chickpeas and put them in a saucepan, add the cinnamon stick and cloves, and fill the pan with fresh cold water.
- Boil and simmer covered until the chickpeas are cooked and softened, approximately for 45 minutes. If needed, you can add more water while cooking. Drain.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan. Then, put the garlic and onion in and fry it quickly, stir occasionally till all are mixed well and softened.
- Add chorizo for 3-4 minutes till slightly browned. Add the drained chickpeas and stir for 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Add salt and black pepper, sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.
Ingredients & Quantities:
250 gr dried chickpeas
1 cinnamon stick
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove
1 small onion
350 gr chorizo
3 pinch salt
2 pinch black pepper
1/3 cup parsley